NOTES OF MEETING OF KiLT (Kilchoan Little Theatre) on 10th. February 2012 at Kilchoan Community Centre
PRESENT: Alan Macpherson (chairman), Val (secretary), May Angus (treasurer), Joan, Janice, Bridget, Mac, Jessie, Pat MacPhail.
* At February’s meeting of West Ardnamurchan Community Council they agreed to donate £50 to KiLT when it is needed for a licence. Alan will write to request a cheque as we have now decided which plays to do.
* Play one is “Meat and two veg”, a comedy by Paul Beard, with Mac and Alan playing "Arthur" and "Albert", and Jessie playing "Margaret".
* Play two is “Melons at the Parsonage”, a comedy by Nick Warburton. Players so far - Pat as "Iris", Jessie as "the maid" and May McNicoll as "the spinster". Alan and Joan will seek out performers needed for the remaining 5 parts (3 male/2 female). If anyone is interested and would like to see a script just let any of the members know, or call 01972 510743.
* The plays will be performed on Tuesday 17th. July and Wednesday 25th. July at the Community Centre. (show and regatta weeks).
* Rehearsals will start on Friday 2nd March - 7.30pm at the Centre
NEXT MEETING Friday 2nd. March at 7.30 PM in Kilchoan Community Centre
Meat and Two Veg - a comedy by Paul Beard
Margaret and Arthur, a retired couple, are preparing dinner for their neighbour, Albert, whose wife, Enid, left him abruptly two months ago. This comedy takes a darker turn when Arthur, aware that Albert has an eye for Margaret, suggests their neighbour's smelly bonfires could indicate Albert has done away with Enid.....
Melons at the Parsonage - a comedy by Nick Warburton
Two amateur drama groups become joint winners of a play festival. A tie-break involves the groups performing an extract from their own entry and then an excerpt from the opposing team's play, but the pieces are very different. They compete again with hilarious results but the outcome is still a tie. This time a rugby scrum will decide the winner!!